International Experience (iE) provides a platform for international high school students, their host families and their host communities to connect, relate and explore both the differences that define us as well as the similarities that unite us. We believe that learning about other cultures, languages and customs is the best way to dispel prejudice and embrace global citizenship.
What Makes iE Different?
- iE is a small to midsized organization devoted to providing excellent support and guidance to our students and host families.
- Our local coordinators live near their student placements to ensure they are easily accessible if needed.
- iE carefully screens students through an in-home interview and application process, including academics, teacher recommendations, social maturity, and an English proficiency test.
- Our students are required to maintain strong academic standing and moral character while participating in our program.
- iE chooses to maintain higher standards than required by the U.S. Department of State and CSIET.
- We maintain sensible staff-to-exchange student ratios.
- iE has won industry awards and recognition for its exemplary support and service.
In a nutshell, we measure success by quality, not quantity.
Bring Culture and Adventure to Your Family
Without Leaving Home!
Host families provide a safe, loving and supportive home for an international high school exchange student. They develop meaningful relationships, share stories and cultural traditions, and make fun memories together.